Mailscanner-4.28.6-1 and SPAM Actions= attachment deliver problems

brichter brichter at INTERACCESS.COM
Mon Mar 29 01:33:35 IST 2004

I was wondering if someone could please help me confirm this should work.

I am on a last ditch effort to find a solution to my problem without
abandoning Mail Scanner.

I have to be able to have end users forward a message to our help desk
when something fails the Spam Check to determine if it's a false positive
or not.  Since there is no way to pass the REPORT information from Spam
Assassin to Mail Scanner (Outlook does NOT forward headers, and my Boss
has told me to find another solution if we cannot work around this) I have
found this might be a possible solution for my situation, I just can't get
it to work in Mail Scanner.  I have tried everything I can think of.

When I specify in my Mail Scanner config:

Spam Actions = attachment deliver

When a message is tagged as Spam I get this in the log:

Mar 28 18:04:08 mars MailScanner[1510]: Spam Checks: Found 1 spam messages
Mar 28 18:04:08 mars MailScanner[1510]: Spam Actions: message i2T047Z01515
actions are attachment,deliver
Mar 28 18:04:08 mars MailScanner[1510]: Unscanned: Delivered 1 messages

But when I go to open that message, it has NOT been converted into an
attachment and appended onto the report file designated in the
Mailscanner.conf file.  I have tried reversing the attachment deliver
options, I have tried it on High SCoring SPAM, normal Spam.  It NEVER gets
converted into an attachment.

I am using Mailscanner-4.28.6-1

I have searched the forums with no luck.  I just see references to needing
both attachment and deliver to get it to work. (And I have that set)

Thanks much