How do I stop this???

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Sun Mar 28 23:06:05 IST 2004

At 11:05 AM 3/28/2004 -0500, you wrote:

> > Assuming the mail is hitting your box directly from the source IP you
> > could always block it with iptables.
>
>Unfortunately, this mail is arriving via fetchmail.
>
>It's been an interesting problem as it appears that sendmail reads the
>sender's address, logs the problem in the syslog, and discards the message
>prior to checking the access database.  I end up without the message but
>have an entry in the logs.

The message is discarded because you have

spinfinder.com          DISCARD

in your access file, which will discard anything from this domain.

Then you have

dayzersagency?@spinfinder.com   DISCARD

Which is the entry that the mail log is complaining about. There is a
question mark in that e-mail address and that is what sendmail appears to
not like.

>In any case, this was off topic for the list and should likely be dropped
>before Julian puts a hex on my copy or MailScanner!
>
>--
>Gerry
>
>"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.
     Tierramiga Info Systems
      619-287-8647 Support
      http://www.tmisnet.com