Getting Email Addresses?

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at ELIRION.NET
Sun Mar 28 20:42:33 IST 2004

Kai Schaetzl wrote:

> this is a myth, have a look at what the browser really sends. I don't know
> any browser which would do this.

Sigh.  I should know better than to post without rechecking the facts.
   Yes, you're right.  It's not 1995 any more.  Browsers have moved on.

I couldn't get IE 6 to send anything other than "IEUser@" despite
fiddling with the security zone settings.  I don't remember when
security zones were added to that browser.  Mozilla 1.6 sends
"mozilla at example.com" unless you set a specific string for the anonymous
password.  I don't have any other browsers readily available to test.

Apologies to all.

        Richard.