bayes question

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Sat Mar 27 13:19:38 GMT 2004

Brett Z wrote:

>is there a way to delete the bayes database and let it start over on this
>new server i built it is taging ever thing as spam from bayes_99 5.40
>and i am not sure how to controll it or change it any thoughts.
>
>thanks Brett
>

>.

I ask the same questions recently - Julian says - stop MailScanner, amke
sure all proces have stopped - nav to your bayes directory (should find
this in spam.assassin.prefs.conf) and rm bayes* (maybe you could try mv
bayes_seen old_bayes_seen_old if you'd rather not delete)

Restart MS and all will be good, you will ahve tow ait till it sees
another 400 messages (200 spam and 200ham) before it will be used by
spamassassin again.

good luck
Pete