Mail Scanner and Spam Assassin report generation

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Fri Mar 26 22:40:39 GMT 2004

  At 12:52 PM 3/26/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Thanks for the suggestion.  I don't know if I can risk making that large
>of a change on this box though.  It processes around 110,000 messages a
>day currently and they would kill me if there was any issues where it
>effected their current mail flow reliability.  And mixing up mail
>processing to achive that at the moment wories me.
>
>All I need to do is pass the report argument that Spam Assassin gives when
>it runs into the forwarded message.
>
>Another reason ws need the failure report in the body of the message is
>because outlook here does NOT forward message headers when you forward the
>message.  So if a users gets a message that failed the Spam Assassin
>rules, they can't forward the message to a help desk.  Since all the
>usefull headers are gone then.

----
I tend to agree it would be nice to have the option to put the spam
assassin report in the body of the message. I have lots of accounts using
Outlook or Outlook Express and explaining how to get the headers for a
message can be a real pain with some of them. For analytical purposes it
would be nice to have the report in the body of the message, or added to
the subject line of any mail that is tagged as spam?

gib
----

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.
     Tierramiga Info Systems