New MailScanner installation problems

List Account lists99 at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 26 20:33:33 GMT 2004

Hello all,

I just got my MailScanner system up and running, and it is routing mail, but
I'm having a few issues.

#1 - spam messages are disappearing.  I have the rule for spam and
high-score spam set to forward the mail to spam inbox, then delete the
message.  The messages aren't always being delivered to the original address
or the spam address.  I've gotten about 20 emails in the spam mailbox, but I
would usually see hundreds in this ammount of time.

#2 - Spam rules seem to be pretty lenient with some messages, especially
ones containing explicit language, as long as there's not too much of it.
I've seen the documentation about helping the MailScanner learn from
messages, but unfortunately we forward the mail along to Exchange.  Is there
a way to teach MailScanner using Exchange?

Thanks in advance.