Installing MailScanner on SuSE 9

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Fri Mar 26 13:31:28 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote on         Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:44:19 +0000:

> Has anyone done this?
> What hackery did you have to do to make the installation procedure work?
>
> I want to fix the problems, but I am getting some very strange errors that
> a SuSE expert may know how to handle. It doesn't want to build the SRPMs at
> all, just gives me "ERROR: EMPTY FILE LIST" errors after getting the build
> paths all wrong.

Julian, I installed MailScanner 4.26.8-1 some weeks ago on Suse 9.0. I didn't
upgrade yet, because I didn't feel like upgrading every two days for a
problem which doesn't hit us, anyway :-) The only problem I had with the
installation where a number of error messages with the supplied rpm perl
packages barking that they needed "perl >= 5.0something". I installed the
three or four problem packages then via yast2 and the ones that are not
coming prepackaged with Suse via the CPAN shell. Then I ran the MS install
again and everything's working really nice. I think one of my first messages
to this mailing list listed the problem packages. Apart from that, no
problems. Actually, I would prefer a way where I only have a list of the
necessary Perl modules, install them all via CPAN and then only install
Mailscanner and nothing else. Can I just do that?

>From your question you are not installing but actually building the src.rpm?
I have not much experience with building rpms, just a little. But I can try
on one of our systems if you want to send me the source and instructions.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany