OT sendmail question/MS performance

Sylvain Phaneuf sylvain.phaneuf at IMSU.OXFORD.AC.UK
Fri Mar 26 11:41:50 GMT 2004

Hi,

Since I upgraded MS to 4.28.6 from 4.24-5, the message delay time has
increased quite badly, even if I have the following in MailScanner.conf

Deliver In Background = yes
Delivery Method = batch

In fact, Sendmail is still sending messages in queue mode in spite of
the switch in the MailScanner.conf file, i.e. waiting every minute
before sending messages. Could someone tell me if I need to change the
way sendmail starts (sendmail.cf) ?

At the moment I have

    daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
-OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
    daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail -q1m

Would "daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail" be valid?  Or should I try something
like "daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail -q10s" ?

Other info:
RH 8.0
SA 2.60
sendmail 8.12.9
sophos 3.79
CPU 1.4 GHz
1 GB RAM

Sylvain

Sylvain Phaneuf --- Systems Manager   | phone : +44 (0)1865 221323
Information Management Services Unit  -  Medical Sciences Division
Oxford University                               | email :
sylvain.phaneuf at imsu.ox.ac.uk
Room 3A25B John Radcliffe Hospital      | fax :  +44 (0) 1865 221322
Oxford   OX3 9DU   England