Dumaru again

Stephan Ilaender mailscanner at LAYLINE.DE
Fri Mar 26 09:57:14 GMT 2004

am 26.03.2004 schrieb Spicer, Kevin zum Thema
 ## Re: Dumaru again ##

> If you are using disable-archive then clam won't look inside archives.  Your
> other scanner is detecting it either because a) it is configured to unpack
> archives b) Its signatures are based on the zip file, rather than its
> contents.  I suggest you turn disable-archive off, and when you get a false
> positive submit it to the clamav folks (through their web site) in order to
> get the signature corrected.  They are usually very good at correcting these
> kind of things.

just a quick clarification here:

--no-archive
              Disable archive support built in libclamav.

this means internal support for zip is disabled - an archive will still be
unpacked and scanned using the command line tools provided by the OS. As an
example:

file /tmp/Mtw3afm
/tmp/Mtw3afm: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract

clamscan --no-archive /tmp/Mtw3afm
/tmp/Mtw3afm: Worm.Dumaru.Y FOUND

I think the clam team should probably rename this option to something like
--no-builtin-archive-support or whatever. You can read more on this issue here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/clamav-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02969.html

I quote:
"The way to get results of scanning of all files in a zip file is
disabling built-in archive support in libclamav (--disable-archive) and
enabling scanning with external unzip program (--unzip[=FULLPATH])."

// note that --disable-archive has been renamed to --no-archive

again, as I said - if I attach the myphoto.zip Dumaru *IS* detected ...

regards,
Stephan