Questions...

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Fri Mar 26 08:08:38 GMT 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:39:15 +0000, you wrote:

>>Anyway my point is that zip files could be spotted by looking at the first
>>4 or 5 bytes of the file.
>
>This is now done and will be in the next release. So renaming ".zip" to
>"_zip" and tricks like that will no longer work.

So my advice to send password protected zip-files (for the people
needing to) with a different extension will help me to a couple of new
phone calls :-(

And I am still not ready with finding a solutino for tgz files. Somehow
the current version (4.29.3-1) seems to think tgz (and tar.gz) files are
zips. But after unpacking something (f-prot?) can't handle the result
and thinks it is to insecure to forward to the recipient.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)