Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at
Fri Mar 26 08:08:38 GMT 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:39:15 +0000, you wrote:

>>Anyway my point is that zip files could be spotted by looking at the first
>>4 or 5 bytes of the file.
>This is now done and will be in the next release. So renaming ".zip" to
>"_zip" and tricks like that will no longer work.

So my advice to send password protected zip-files (for the people
needing to) with a different extension will help me to a couple of new
phone calls :-(

And I am still not ready with finding a solutino for tgz files. Somehow
the current version (4.29.3-1) seems to think tgz (and tar.gz) files are
zips. But after unpacking something (f-prot?) can't handle the result
and thinks it is to insecure to forward to the recipient.

Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)
Universiteit Twente,  Postbus 217,  7500 AE  Enschede
telefoon: 053 - 489 2301, fax: 053 - 489 2383,