Trouble getting bayes DB to be recognized/work

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Thu Mar 25 18:28:50 GMT 2004

Hello everyone.

I'm rolling out a new MS Mail gateway server for one of our branch offices
here and i've run into a small problem.
Note: FreeBSD 4.9
MailScanner 4.28-6

I've done all the initial configurations and everything is working well. I
installed spamassassin via the port and then went to test it using the
--lint option.

Here is what happens:

mailmg# spamassassin -D -p
/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint
debug: Score set 0 chosen.
debug: running in taint mode? no
debug: ignore: using a test message to lint rules
debug: using "/usr/local/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
debug: using "/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
debug: using "/root/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: using "/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf" for user
prefs file
debug: bayes: no dbs present, cannot scan: /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes_toks
debug: Score set 1 chosen.
debug: Initialising learner
debug: bayes: no dbs present, cannot scan: /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes_toks

Can't scan the directory and im not sure why that is. I've setup the
directory correctly, from what I can tell:

mailmg# ls -lad /var/spool/spamassassin/
drwxr-xr-x  2 root  daemon  512 Mar 25 10:21 /var/spool/spamassassin/

Anyone seen this before and know what the problem is?
The last two times i've setup similar servers, I have not run into this
problem.

I appreciate the help

Jas