Server Crash

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Thu Mar 25 17:09:17 GMT 2004

Boulytchev, Vasiliy wrote:
> Ladies and Gents,
>       Hopefully everyone can participate on this discussion.  One of our
> production servers keeps crashing on a random basis.  We have
> eliminated the possibility of a hardware malfunction by moving the
> drives to an identical machine.  We are positive that the software is
> compatible with this Dell Poweredge 2650.
>       Current software configuration:

There were well reported problems with Red Hat & Dell 2650's running in
dual processor mode. I would run with a single cpu and see if the
problem persists. Not sure if it is the same problem but its worth a
try.

See http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=pes_linux

There's lots of info about lockup's on 2650's.

Dean

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.