ANNOUNCE: Beta version 4.29.6 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 25 15:27:06 GMT 2004

I have just released 4.29.6. This is mostly to ensure that you all have the
latest code, so that anyone with outstanding problems can try out this
version to see if I have resolved the issue.

The new additions to this release are:
- Simplified logging of invalid message files.
- Improved error messages relating to Custom Functions directory.
- Rewrote Bayes database rebuilder to be able to capture its error messages.
- Zip archives detection improved to work by content rather than filename.

So the list looks pretty short, but there is always the possibility I have
fixed bugs and forgotten to put them in the ChangeLog :-)

Download as usual from www.mailscanner.info.

Upgrading note:
Anyone upgrading from earlier than 4.29.4 will either need to run the
"./install.sh" again or install the Convert::BinHex module. Note that if
you install this module and are not using my RPM distributions of
MailScanner, you will find the "make test" stage fails on most systems. The
module does work, however, so install it anyway. If using CPAN you can
"force install Convert::BinHex". If installing from source, just ignore the
output of "make test" and do "make install".
--
Julian Field