Blocked attachments

Howard Robinson howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Thu Mar 25 11:34:15 GMT 2004

Hello
Following on from my email yesterday re problems sending
multiple attachments.

I have done some tests regarding a message about blocked
content I receive when sending myself  multiple attachments.
(its not a hobby just trying to sort out a problem(-:)
Maximum Archive depth was set to 3.
If I send 3 copies of  1.53MB file (but named differently) they arrive
checked and fine. If I add a forth I get a blocked content message.
If I change Maximum Archive depth to a higher number ( 10 for test
purposes) then it allows more attachments so it looks like this is
causing the problem.
However the text in MailScanner.conf suggests the depth is used
to look into Zip file attachments not 'ordinary' files .
I would like to check zip files so I can't set this to 0 and skip the
check.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk