Can't connect to database.clamav.net?

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Mar 24 12:02:24 GMT 2004

Martin Sapsed wrote:
> SW wrote:
>> I'm not sure what the problem is but I can't seem to get to
>> database.clamav.net to update clamav antivirus. When I try to do an

Very strange.  All the clamav.net nameservers (there are 6) aren't responding to requests for database.clamav.net (although they respond for www.clamav.net) Whats odd is that they are returning connection refused to a dig request rather than NXDOMAIN ???

For those that may need to create a _temporary_ hosts file entry here is the current list of  servers from my DNS cache...  (pick a random one to spread the load)

Name:   database.clamav.net
Address: 24.73.112.74
Name:   database.clamav.net
Address: 62.210.153.201