ANNOUNCE: Unstable 4.29.5 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 23 14:30:37 GMT 2004

At 14:23 23/03/2004, you wrote:
>On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Julian Field wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > *****************
> > Upgrade notes:
> > *****************
> > * People using the RPM distributions will need to run "./install.sh" as
> > another Perl module has been added to the installation.
> > * People using the TAR distribution will need to install the module
> > Convert::BinHex. Easiest way to do that is
> >          perl -MCPAN -e shell
> >          install Convert::BinHex
> > If it fails the "make test" check, you will have to do
> >          force install Convert::BinHex
> > [...]
>
>Julian: Some weeks ago, I submitted a proof-of-concept sketched revision
>of "install.sh" that would allow folk on any platform, not just
>Redhat/RPM, to choose "install.sh" to handle these things.  How is your
>assessment of that going?

Haven't had time, sorry. I need a good break from doing all this stuff,
might take a few days off over Easter.

Anyone going to the Janet Networkshop just before Easter? I offered to do a
MailScanner BoF, but didn't get a response. If anyone would like an
unofficial one over a few cups of tea, we could do something unofficial.
--
Julian Field