MailScanner on HP-UX 11.0

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Mon Mar 22 23:09:13 GMT 2004

Hi,
   I once ran MailScanner 3.x versions on HPUX 11.0, and it ran just
fine.  I was using Sophos for the virus scanner.  This was on a D280.
As long as you can find a supported anti-virus scanner for 11.0
(eg, Clam or Sophos) then you should be in business.

I wised up and moved my mail server to Solaris about 3 months after
I started using MS on HP.  This had nothing to do with MailScanner;
Solaris is just an easier-to-use and better platform than HP all
around.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College