SA timeouts after upgrade to 2.63

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Mon Mar 22 21:09:07 GMT 2004

Need to search the archive on bayes, it gets discussed a lot and i am no
expert on it - have turned it on, but my low spec machines get crippled
by it.
Another reasons its off its fair administritive overhead and i am now
catching heaps of spam again - but this has taken a good 2 weeks to
settle down - the big tip was to reduce the max childs in ms.conf, this
helped me heaps.

Now i have learned how to add sbl_xbl.spamhaus i catch HEAPS more spam,
i have given this BL a score of 4.0 and spamcop 4 and my low spam score
is 5 so now back to catching loads of spam, Julian suggests a score of
6, but i think you will need bayes to get to there.

Turn bayes on and test, it wont work till it has seen 200 hams and 200
spams, then you will start seeing a score - you can set it to learn, but
not be used for scoring too...