MailScanner and SpamAssassin scoring

Ken Anderson ka at PACIFIC.NET
Mon Mar 22 17:00:40 GMT 2004

Pete wrote:

> Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>

>>> # The new Spamhaus - Composite Blocking List
>>> header RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL        eval:check_rbl_txt('sbl-xbl',
>>> 'sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.')
>>> describe RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL    Listed in SPAMHAUS SBL+XBL
>>> tflags RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL        net
>>> score RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL 4
>>>
>>> header RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_XBL         eval:check_rbl_sub('sbl-xbl', 'xbl')
>>> describe RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_XBL         Received via a relay listed in
>>> Spamhaus XBL
>>> tflags RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_XBL         net
>>> score RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_XBL 2.5
>>>
>>> header RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL         eval:check_rbl_sub('sbl-xbl', 'sbl')
>>> describe RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL        Received via a relay listed in
>>> SPAMHAUS SBL
>>> tflags RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL        net
>>> score RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL 2.5
>>>

>> This is a waste, the SBL+XBL = also showing the hits you get on XBL and
>> SBL seperate, so either ONE of those, and also, XBL = CBL so you are
>> checking one 3 times currently...
>>
>> Bye,
>> Raymond.

If you are running the latest SA, you are already getting the checks on
sbl, so it's advisable to list sbl-xbl and set the sbl list to score 0
to disable it, so you are not doing double lookups on that list.

-- spam.assassin.prefs.conf, or custom rules file --

# The new Spamhaus - Composite Blocking List
header  RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL
eval:check_rbl_txt('sbl-xbl','sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.')
describe        RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL        Listed in SPAMHAUS SBL+XBL
tflags  RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL                net
score   RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL                2

#disable this one, since the above composite list catches it all
score   RCVD_IN_SBL     0

Ken A
Pacific.Net