testvirus.org

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 22 17:02:01 GMT 2004

I have written the BinHex decoder code for MIME-tools. It relies on there
being either a content-transfer-encoding header saying it is
binhex-encoded, or the text just being buried in the output like uuencoded
text can be. So nice people should do the former, I would expect viruses to
do the latter.

Appears to work okay but needs more testing yet to prove it can cope with
rebuilding a partially-infected message from its component attachments.
--
Julian Field