MS and Sophos

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Mon Mar 22 15:29:51 GMT 2004

MW Mike Weiner (5028) wrote:
> Well I did the following:
>
> $/usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-wrapper /usr/local/Sophos /root/testfile
> SWEEP virus detection utility
> Version 3.79, March 2004 [Linux/Intel]
> Includes detection for 88491 viruses, trojans and worms
> Copyright (c) 1989,2004 Sophos Plc, www.sophos.com
>
> System time 09:46:38, System date 22 March 2004
>
> IDE directory is: /usr/local/Sophos/ide
>
> [snip]
 >
> 1 file swept in 3 seconds.
> No viruses were discovered.
> End of Sweep.
>
> I am using MailScanner-4.28.6-1 with Sophos-3.79 on a Red Hat Linux release
> 9 (Shrike) server - sophos not sophossavi

All looks ok. Just noticed some comments on another thread about the
filesystems used by the directories that MailScanner works in. Have you
got both /var/spool/mqueue directories on the same filesystem and is
that the real path to it?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"