ANNOUNCE: Unstable version 4.29.4 released

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Mon Mar 22 14:47:57 GMT 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:25:33 +0000, you wrote:

>I have hopefully fixed the problem concerning compatibility with the latest
>Postfix snapshot releases, and also the problem causing non-delivery when
>both Spam Actions and MCP Actions were set to deliver. Slightly ironic that
>it didn't deliver the mail if you twice told it to :-(

In case of spam and MCP delivery is a negative action. Two negatives
give a positive.

>I intend to do the next stable release at the start of April (fingers crossed).

Could you look at not changing the ownership of certain files and
directories. Because of the way rpm works I have to install it as root,
but for security reason I run as mail. After installation report files
and some files in /etc/MailScanner are owned by root but readable. The
problem is with /var/spool/mqueue.in. Because also sendmail runs as root
sendmail can't write in that directory after an upgrade (and when I
forget to change the ownership).

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)