MailScanner and SpamAssassin scoring

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Sun Mar 21 23:44:40 GMT 2004

At 02:55 PM 3/21/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>Gib Gilbertson Jr. wrote:
>>Sorry to have asked again, but I posted "I've been through the archives,
>>tried the rules that were in a couple of e-mails there, but either because
>>of line breaks caused by mail programs or something, they don't appear to
>>work in SA."  It was yesterdays e-mails I was referring to..
>
>Just run "spamassassin --lint" and it will tell you if you have an error.
>
>>Do MS and SA scores combine in anyway?
>
>No.
>
>--
>/Peter Bonivart
>
>--Unix lovers do it in the Sun
>
>Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
>SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25

Thanks for your response Peter.

After doing what you suggested I discovered the following:

This is the rule from the list I was trying.

# The new Spamhaus - Composite Blocking List
header   RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL eval:check_rbl_txt('sbl-xbl',
'sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.')
describe RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL Listed in SPAMHAUS SBL+XBL
tflags   RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL net
score    RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL+XBL 4

[root at thumper]# spamassassin --lint
Failed to run RCVD_IN_SPAMHAUS_SBL RBL SpamAssassin test, skipping:
         (Can't locate object method "check_rbl_sub" via package
"Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line
2129.
)

It appears that my version of SA v2.55 doesn't support "check_rbl_sub" or
"check_rbl_txt"

However, if I change the section of the script to read "check_rbl" it runs
fine and there are no syntax errors.

Thanks again.

gib

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.