Microsoft Outlook Meeting Requests & Email Footer

Darren Fulton - Concept Technology darren at CONCEPTTECHNOLOGYINC.COM
Sun Mar 21 23:09:32 GMT 2004

David Hooton wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> We have a customer who is going nuts because when MailScanner inserts
> the email footer it breaks Outlook Meeting Requests.  Does anyone have
> a workaround other than removing the footer?
>

> I would ideally like to have MailScanner put the footer on all
> messages except outlook meeting requests.  Any suggestions?
>

> Regards,
>

> David Hooton

> Pain free spam & virus protection - Mail Security
> <http://www.mailsecurity.net.au/>
> To report SPAM forward the message to: spam at mailsecurity.net.au
> <mailto:spam at mailsecurity.net.au>
> To report incorrectly tagged messages: notspam at mailsecurity.net.au
> <mailto:notspam at mailsecurity.net.au>
> <http://www.mailsecurity.net.au/>

Here is an idea for somebody who is a better programmer than I am (which
is many of you on this list).  Write a patch that makes MailScanner
parse the message to see whether or not it is an Outlook Meeting
Request.  If it is, then it doesn't add the footer if the footer is
enabled.  If it isn't continue as normal.

Does that sound like a bad idea for any reason?

--

Best Regards,

Darren Fulton
Concept Technology, Inc.