some viruse tests failing...is that the antivirus' fault, or MailScanner?

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sun Mar 21 00:04:12 GMT 2004

Chris Yuzik wrote:
> Alright. Now I'm talking to myself again. I upgraded ClamAV from 0.67 to
> 0.70-rc, and it fails the same tests. Only now they've inserted a new
> test somewhere around #12, so I fail #20, 21, and 23.
>
> I'm still not sure if this is an issue for MailScanner...or my antivirus
> stuff. Anyone know?

They are all MIME-related so I guess if you manage to unpack the
attachments Clam will have no problem at all finding the virus.

Since they have broken the MIME code not many clients should be able to
open it either.

Maybe it can be addressed with some specific SA rules.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25