Adding RBL to SA

Sat Mar 20 11:51:18 GMT 2004

Hi!

> I am exploring the ways of BL checking in MS and SA, i know how to
> add/remove BLs availabel to MailScanner - But i cant work out how to add
> them to SA 2.63 ?

This is not really a MS issue but ok.

> I use SA RBLs only, none in Postfix and none in MailScanner.
> I  guess i add them to local.cf or spamassassin.prefs.conf - but again i
> dont know how - i want to add sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

I have added a couple:

#
# Extra DNSBL checks:
#
# AHBL RBL checks
header RCVD_IN_AHBL             eval:check_rbl_txt('ahbl',
'dnsbl.ahbl.org.')
describe RCVD_IN_AHBL           Received via a relay in dnsbl.ahbl.org
tflags RCVD_IN_AHBL             net
score RCVD_IN_AHBL 0 1.271 0 2.0
# RSL RBL checks
header RCVD_IN_RSL              eval:check_rbl_txt('rsl',
'relays.visi.com.')
describe RCVD_IN_RSL            Received via a relay in relays.visi.com.
tflags RCVD_IN_RSL              net
score RCVD_IN_RSL 0 1.271 0 1.6
# CBL RBL checks
header RCVD_IN_CBL              eval:check_rbl_txt('cbl',
'cbl.abuseat.org.')
describe RCVD_IN_CBL            Received via a relay in cbl.abuseat.org.
tflags RCVD_IN_CBL              net
score RCVD_IN_CBL 0 1.271 0 1.6
# ORDB RBL checks
header RCVD_IN_ORDB             eval:check_rbl_txt('ordb',
'relays.ordb.org.')
describe RCVD_IN_ORDB           Received via a relay in relays.ordb.org.
tflags RCVD_IN_ORDB             net
score RCVD_IN_ORDB 0 1.271 0 1.0
score RCVD_IN_DSBL 0 1.271 0 1.6

And i also raised the scores of ORDB and DSBL, this is helping me a lot.

Just drop them inside your /etc/mail/spamassassin (or whatever location
you use for that), i called it dnsbl_tests.cf

If there is enough interest i can make the file (also new versions)
available via http. Since it will change in the future, could make a
script like the ones on http://mailscanner.prolocation.net to kep them
updated...

Bye,
Raymond.