Announcements-only list

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Fri Mar 19 21:31:05 GMT 2004

John Rudd wrote:
> Right, I understand that.  The question is: will announcements still go
> to this list, or just to the announcements list?  For some projects, the
> discussion list is subscribed to the announcements list, so
> announcements go to all.
>
> I don't think I can actually think of an arrangement that ISN'T like
> that.  But the wording of this discussion sounds like it might be the
> case that announcements wont actually keep going to this list (thus the
> reason we all need to be subscribed to the announcements list
> individually).
>
> I would prefer to see the (to me) usual method: discussion list is
> subscribed to announcements list, and those who only want announcements
> would switch themselves over.  Though, it seems to be a moot point now.

Every user of MS should first subscribe to the announcement list and
second to the tech list (this one). That's how it's usually done on Clam
and SA for example.

I don't understand your problem, would it save you subscribing to one
more list with maybe one post every month? You're already subscribed to
it so you will not miss anything and it's not like we're not going to
discuss the new releases here. We always do. ;-)

Over and out from me.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25