4.29.2 "deeply nested" bug: maybe a good thing

Jeff Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Mar 19 15:53:27 GMT 2004

Julian,
   I upgraded from 4.29.2 to 4.29.3 this morning, and then
went thru my quarantine directories from yesterday and last
night to get the "very deeply nested archive" emails put
back into /var/spool/mqueue.in for delivery.  I noticed
that most of these messages were chain letters or jokes
that had been forwarded a bzillion times.  Maybe your goof
was not such a bad thing after all!  I would be great if
email forwarded more than X times (say 10) could be quarantined
as "excessive forwards: possible chain letter".  Cool...

Jeff Earickson
Colby College