OT: secondary MX

Fri Mar 19 07:45:50 GMT 2004

Hi!

> > You should only lose mail if your primary box is down for more than 5
> > days (or however long the sending server keeps trying).
>
> NO! Your lower-priority MX will take over as soon as your primary goes
> down and you'll start binning all your e-mail!

The original thread was that he wanted to /dev/null his mail THERE! So no
way of getting them out /dev/null once they get there.

We all know how a MX works, i hope, but in this particular scenario i
would not try that :)

Not only spammers send to a fallback MX, there are various reasons to send
there.

Bye,
Raymond.