MS as a front end to Lotus Notes

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Fri Mar 19 01:52:06 GMT 2004

Miguel Koren OBrien de Lacy wrote:

>I have a request to install MS as a front end virus and spam protection system which
>is then supposed to forward mails to a Lotus Notes system with smtp. I assume I won't
>have any problems but just want to check. Does anybody use it this way? What special
>care should I take?
>
>Miguel
>
>--
>Konsultex Informatica (http://www.konsultex.com.br)

I do this, to several Notes systems.

Its pretty simple - setup and get working MS as described in all the doco.

IF you use Postfix, specify a relay list of domains you will accept mail for
Specificy a transport map so postfix cabn relay scanned/processed
messages to your Domino server.
Make sure sure Domino is accessable on port25 AND listening. Make sure
people cannt access Domino on port 25 directly (eg dont have your MX
pointing at it, see Julians Exchange FAQ entry)

In short works a treat and its no extra hassle or anything to use Domino.