f-secure oddity

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Thu Mar 18 22:33:06 GMT 2004

I moved my secondary mail gateway to a new box, and am going to deploy the
old one off site as a terciary gateway.  I have f-secure loaded on both, but
only one license, so on the old box I took it out of MailScanner.conf.  It
now just says "Virus Scanners = clamavmodule"

However, in the logs, I find:
Mar 18 13:05:38 mis-mx2-lnx update.virus.scanners: Running autoupdate for
clamav
Mar 18 13:05:43 mis-mx2-lnx ClamAV-autoupdate[6646]: ClamAV updated
Mar 18 13:05:43 mis-mx2-lnx update.virus.scanners: Found f-secure installed
Mar 18 13:05:43 mis-mx2-lnx update.virus.scanners: Running autoupdate for
f-secure

I haven't deleted f-secure yet.  Maybe that's all that needs to happen, but
figured I'd ask first.  How is MS finding f-secure since I'm no longer
referencing it in the config file?  And do I need to change anything in
MailScanner or can I simply blow away the f-secure dirs and be done w/it?

TIA...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500