Infinite Monkeys and other BLs

Steffan Henke henker at S-H-COM.DE
Wed Mar 17 21:13:49 GMT 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, James Hammett wrote:

> When I discovered the problem I FOUND THE INFORMATION fairly quickly.
> Usually, If I am taking down one of my systems, I notify my users
> SEVERAL TIMES (posting frequent regular reminders).

I tried to stay away from this thread - but I can't really.
Instead of accusing monkeys, MS or anybody else, can you even imagine
what efforts it takes to run such a BL or a site like spamhaus ?
It's not only technical, spammers ddosing you any minute, it's also about
lawsuits, spammers threatening you (maybe even your family) on the phone
and what not.
Instead of COMPLAINING about something YOU screwed up you should praise
these guys, give them a donation and - honestly - STFU.

Steffan