Infinite Monkeys and other BLs

John Williams jwilliam at KCR.UKY.EDU
Wed Mar 17 20:56:49 GMT 2004

Seems like everyone else has written so here goes.....

Stuff happens..  This bit me too, I looked at the main MailScanner page and
found this in the NEWS.

2/12/2003 Fixed a bug causing doubling up of subject lines if they are
"sanitised". Also has Infinite-Monkeys removed from the supplied "Spam
List" setting. Please see the
<http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/ChangeLog>ChangeLog for more
details.

After smacking myself in the head I took IM out of my config file then went
through and determined which emails may have been important.  I've
subscribed to this list for a long time, don't remember seeing anything
about IM going away but that's too bad for me.  I appreciate the work
Julian and other people do to help stop spam (not to say that others
don't).  Talking about legal action is kinda crazy but the response from
the "good" sysads has surprised me too.  If you want to berate someone
write them, not this list.

You can write me personally and say whatever but let's get it off this list
and leave it for important stuff.

John Williams

--Statement of Confidentiality--
This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message immediately.  Thank you.