Infinite Monkeys and other BLs

James Hammett james at CHE.UTEXAS.EDU
Wed Mar 17 20:32:02 GMT 2004

At 11:11 AM -0900 on 3/17/04, you (Kevin Miller) wrote:
>Yes, but if you had been properly managing you email servers, you wouldn't
>have had any problem.  Most of us here never even noticed IM had done
>anything any differently.
>
>If the highway dept has been putting up road signs saying "The bridge is
>out" for six miles before the bridge, it's hardly their fault if you drive
>in the water...

Since I subscribed to the mailing list in NOVEMBER (that is the 11th
month of the year, not the 9th month)

At 11:00 AM -0900 3/17/04, Kevin Miller wrote:
>I see plenty:
>
>"Neverending timeouts": 9/12
>"Monkeys RBL timouts":  9/23

There has not been anything posted since then.

As for the highway dept, analogy.  If they put the sign up before the
last actual onramp and forget to put any between the onramp and the
missing bridge (or any barrier), then put pack of tigers in the
ravine.  (I'd say the HW Dept has some explaining to do).

later,
James

ps: I've replied to some people off the list and I'll try and do that
but some of these I feel I need to respond to. (i.e. "but if you had
been properly managing you email servers")

James Hammett
Users Services / Server and Lab Administration
(SLAM)
Information Technology Services ( (ITS)                          CPE 4.442
Chemical Engineering Unix Support                                   471-9701