100% processor utilisation

M. Schievink schievink at AKYLA.NL
Thu Mar 18 13:17:13 GMT 2004

I took out ClamAV but still went to 100% utilisation, then decided to
try to take out scanning totally that got my utilisation to a normal
level (1-2% cpu usage). But I could just as wel not install MailScanner
if I wanted that of course.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: MailScanner mailing list [mailto:MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Namens
Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions
Verzonden: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 1:56 PM
Aan: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Onderwerp: Re: 100% processor utilisation

Take Clam out of your configuration and try reprocessing some mail. See
if
that makes much difference

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
http://www.blacknightsolutions.ie/
http://www.search.ie/
Tel. + 353 (0)59 9137101
Lowest price domains in Ireland

Namens
> Martin Hepworth
> Verzonden: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 12:20 PM
> Aan: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
> Onderwerp: Re: 100% processor utilisation
>
> Martin
>
> how long does it take to process messages - that's what you should be
> worrying about. Processor utilisation just means it's chugging along
> doing something but it might not be really really busy..its kinda
> complicated with a real O/S (ie non windows) to explain..
>
> There where some code changes around the beginning of 4.28 version in
> order to catch the virus in encrypted zip file and other issues that
> seemed to slowed the processing down for some people.
>
> Worth checking out the 4.29.1 beta, it does seem quite a bit faster on
> my system.
>

> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Snr Systems Administrator
> Solid State Logic
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300
>

> M. Schievink wrote:
> > Sorry bout the HTML, should be in plain text now.
> >
> > It's 100% all the time, if I stop MailScanner, my processor
> utilisation
> > drops to 1-2%. I checked my maillogs, but nothing special comes up
> > there, it seems to scan the emails fine because it ran into some
> viruses
> > and deleted them. It's just the processor utilisation that worries
me,
> > also it's not a high traffic mailserver, say around 1 mail / minute.
> So
> > that shouldn’t be a problem.
> >
> > Martin

Email scanned by Blacknight for viruses and dangerous content.
Visit http://www.blacknight.ie for more information