100% processor utilisation

M. Schievink schievink at AKYLA.NL
Thu Mar 18 11:12:59 GMT 2004

Sorry bout the HTML, should be in plain text now.

It's 100% all the time, if I stop MailScanner, my processor utilisation
drops to 1-2%. I checked my maillogs, but nothing special comes up
there, it seems to scan the emails fine because it ran into some viruses
and deleted them. It's just the processor utilisation that worries me,
also it's not a high traffic mailserver, say around 1 mail / minute. So
that shouldn’t be a problem.

Martin

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: MailScanner mailing list [mailto:MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK] Namens
Ugo Bellavance
Verzonden: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 6:04 PM
Aan: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Onderwerp: Re: 100% processor utilisation

-----Message d'origine-----
De : M. Schievink [mailto:schievink at AKYLA.NL]
Envoyé : 17 mars, 2004 11:07
À : MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Objet : 100% processor utilisation

Hello,

We've just installed MailScanner 4.28.6-1.

We are using:
RedHat 7.3 with a 2.4.18 kernel
Perl version 5.6.1
No spamassassin
Installed from a tar

The problem that we have is the following, the MailScanner process takes
almost 100% cpu utilisation.

      15   0 12688  12M  7792 R    97.7  4.9  23:45 MailScanner

Is this a well known problem and do you have any idea how to solve this
problem?

<UB>
normal to be 100% when it is working. is it 100% all the time?  what is
your load?
Please avoid HTML in posts
</UB>

 With regards,