Spamassassin score has confused me !

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Wed Mar 17 11:01:44 GMT 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 07:08:50 -0000, you wrote:

>> > An email send from a customer of mine to me (both accounts using the
>same
>> > mail server) is being failed as "MSGID_FROM_MTA_SHORT"
>> > but if the same email is sent to me again using the same account (using
>> > different PC) on the same server it is not failing that test, any clue
>as
>> > what on a system causes an email to fail that test !
>>
>> >From GOOGLE:
>>
>> MSGID_FROM_MTA_SHORT  =   Message-Id was added by a relay
>Thanks for that, as I tried to explain, that is NOT true as it is
>sent/received from the same server and sending it using the same
>server/account setting on another PC and it does not trigger the test.

Did you check the message-ID's? I have seen this happen where the
server/account information on both PC's was the same but the version of
the mailer itself on both PC's was different. One adding a Message-ID
and the other one didn't.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)