99% Utilization on Rogue MailScanner Process

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Wed Mar 17 11:00:03 GMT 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:30:58 -0500, you wrote:

>Was wondering if someone could make a recommendation on how to go about
>debugging this problem:

Just do that. Run MailScanner in debug mode. I have had this once on one
of my systems. With debug on I could pin point it to one particular
message with a corrupt (not infected) zip in it. I moved the message
from mqueue.in to mqueue and I haven't had any problems (with that)
again.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)