Mailscanner, MTA and postfix questions - any chance of a guide?

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue Mar 16 23:26:49 GMT 2004

Pete wrote:

> Any chance of one fo you writing something akin to Julians postfix guide
> on this topic of single postfix instance, and why you think its the
> better way to implement postfix and MS ?
I have done this already for Julian to be added to the website as an
option (like the Exim single and double instance installation
instructions). It's just waiting for a new install script for the RH/
rpm users to auto detect which type of set up etc so their start up
scripts are correct (These RH types have it too easy, can't modify start
up scripts...  :-) /ducks as the brick bats are thrown - Sorry Southern
England humour ;-) ) and add a ready formatted header_checks file, which
I have also attached. Julian has been somewhat tied up keeping nasties
out of our doors rather than writing fairly trivial stuff like this.

> I would LOVE to hear about this. Maybe we can add a FAQ entry, or add it
> to Ugo's MAQ ?

I have attached it, sorry it's in MS Word. If you can't open it, I'll
publish it some where (Sorry, not much time at the moment).

been scanned for viruses and dangerous