FW: All of a sudden F-Secure decides to stop updating on the hour

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 16 16:04:13 GMT 2004

Correct. I added a random (10 minutes max) delay to the cron job to spread
the load on the anti-virus vendors' servers.
If you run "update_virus_scanners" by hand, it will do it immediately. It's
only the cron job which has the delay built in.
Please don't remove the delay, it has been badly affecting some vendors
(notably ClamAV).

--
Julian Field