queries about mail scanner

Simon Something linux at KMUN.GOV.KW
Tue Mar 16 11:18:54 GMT 2004

Hi
thanks a lot for the quick reply. I do give u the cut n paste of the real
errors I get .

when i run the command

service MailScanner status i get the below error

Checking MailScanner daemons:
         MailScanner:       [  OK  ]
         incoming sendmail: head: /var/run/sendmail.in.pid: No such file
or directory
[FAILED]
         outgoing sendmail: [  OK  ]

I am attaching here the copy of the /etc/sysconfig/MaiScanner file

-------------------------start---------------

#
# Put in here all the settings for your particular mail system so that
# MailScanner's init.d script can run it all for you.
#

#
# Are you running Postfix, sendmail, Exim or ZMailer?
#
MTA=sendmail
#MTA=postfix
#MTA=exim
#MTA=zmailer

#
# MailScanner Settings
#
WORKDIR=/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming # Where the temp MailScanner files
live
RESTART_DELAY=10 # Pause time between stop and start when restarting

#
# Sendmail Settings
#
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
QUEUETIME=15m
INQDIR=/var/spool/mqueue.in
INPID=/var/run/sendmail.in.pid
OUTPID=/var/run/sendmail.out.pid
SMPID=/var/run/sm-client.pid
MSPUSER=smmsp  # User for mail submission queue runner
MSPGROUP=smmsp # Group for mail submission queue runner

#
# Postfix settings
#
POSTFIX=/usr/sbin/postfix
POSTFIXINCF=/etc/postfix.in   # Directory containing incoming configuration
POSTFIXOUTCF=/etc/postfix     # Directory containing outgoing configuration

#
# Exim settings
#
EXIM=/usr/local/exim/bin/exim
EXIMINCF=/usr/local/exim/configure         # Incoming configuration file
EXIMSENDCF=/usr/local/exim/exim_send.conf  # Outgoing configuration file

#
# ZMailer settings
#
ZMAILER=/usr/lib/zmailer/zmailer
ZMAILERCF=/etc/zmailer/zmailer.conf     # Configuration file

-----------------------end----------------------------------

I have not modifies the /etc/init.d/MailScanner file and when I do a

ps -aux | grep MailScanner i get nothing but in ps -ef i get

/usr/bin/perl -I/usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/sbin/M

appreciate if you spend ur precious time to go trhough this and do let me
know.

I feel the MailScanner daemon is not running as it gives me the error

incoming sendmail: head: /var/run/sendmail.in.pid: No such file or directory
[FAILED]

when i wanna see the status of MailScanner service

Thanks

Regards

simon

u wrote