Better log excerpt......

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Mar 15 23:45:21 GMT 2004

Stefan Zauchenberger wrote:
> OK, Infinite monkeys has been removed.
>
> Yes, spam is being deleted. This was the demand of the
> customer. They have in turn created several
> whitelists. Theses settings have been in place for
> more than a year, and the customer has been happily
> receiving "wanted" mail.

I can recommend store instead of delete combined with the quarantine
cleaning script. That makes you a lot more tolerant to false positives.

> But, mail is still not being delivered to the
> recipients. The logs still show this:
>
> Mar 15 16:34:20 hosting sendmail[30957]: i2FMYJd30957:
> to=<jack at sme-net.com>, delay=00:00:01,
> mailer=virthostmail, pri=33992, stat=queued
>
> Does "stat=queued" not mean that the mail is queuing
> as apposed to "sent"??

No, it's just that the receiving Sendmail process can't do anything else
than queuing the message, it's the other Sendmail that delivers it after
MS is done with it and by then it's in another queue. That's why you
always get a "stat=queued" for every message before MS picks it up. It's OK.

Don't you get any mail at all or is some category (e.g. spam) that is
the problem? Please post complete logs for another problem message.

I actually have to go to bed now so I can work tomorrow. ;-) Someone
will take it from here I'm sure. Hope it works out for you.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25