sophos savi error, solaris, LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Mon Mar 15 11:21:09 GMT 2004

shanna leonard wrote:
> I have two versions of perl - (per mailscanner solaris doc)
> but yeah, duh, I did change the first line of MailScanner to call the
> right one.
>
> however still had the problem of sophos libsavi.so library not found.
>
> I symlinked from /usr/local/lib/libsavi.so to /usr/local/Sophos/lib .
>
> & that seemed to help. I wonder if I did something wrong in the install
> to necessitate this kludge.
>
> I did re-install sophos, since the first time I installed it, I used the
> sophos standard install, second time Mailscanner Sophosinstall...

You really need to use Sophos.install for MailScanner unless you
*really* know what you're doing. You shouldn't be needing a libsavi.so
in /usr/local/lib - all the Sophos stuff should be under
/usr/local/Sophos and the Sophos.install script takes care of the
libsavi link for you.

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"