Infinite-Monkeys got crazy?

Howard Robinson howard at harper-adams.ac.uk
Mon Mar 15 10:09:55 GMT 2004

On 15 Mar 04, at 9:58, Julian Field wrote:
Julian,
Yes I have had to remove Infinite -monkeys from the spam list in
mailscanner.conf as everthing ( at least the ones I have looked at)
was being identified as spam by them/it. None were 'proper' spam.
Thanks to Nejc Skoberne for giving me a cllue what to look for.

> This is the 3rd report of this I have seen this morning, having not heard
> of anything like this for months. Looks like someone is doing a DoS attack
> by getting everyone's servers listed in Infinite-Monkeys.
>
> Any similar reports of this from anyone else?
>
> At 09:34 15/03/2004, you wrote:
> >Hi list,
> >
> >an hour ago every mail (sent from localnet) that would go through my
> >SA+Postfix+MS configuration was marked as spam - anyone else experienced
> >this?
> >
> >--
> >Nejc Skoberne
> >Grajska 5
> >SI-5220 Tolmin
> >E-mail: nejc.skoberne at guest.arnes.si
>
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

Regards

Howard Robinson
(Senior Technical Development Officer)
Harper Adams University College
Edgmond
Newport
Shropshire
TF10 8NB UK

E-mail: hrobinson at harper-adams.ac.uk
Tel.  : +44(0)1952 820280 Via switchboard
      : +44(0)1952 815253 Direct line
Fax.  : +44(0)1952 814783
College Web site http://www.harper-adams.ac.uk