Latest Bagle varient spreads in password protected rar files

Jim Holland mailscanner at MANGO.ZW
Sun Mar 14 09:47:17 GMT 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Kevin Spicer wrote:

> http://www.sophos.co.uk/virusinfo/analyses/w32baglen.html
>
> Guess it was only a matter of time.  Although it isn't mentioned on the
> Sophos page its been reported on the clam list that the virus can
> present the password as an image.  I'm blocking rars right now (don't
> think we really have many people using them anyway)

I have received a password-protected zip file with password in an image.
See sample below - just like the earlier ones except for the use of the
image.

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service