Redirecting mail

Max Kipness mkipness at GENIANT.COM
Sat Mar 13 15:20:16 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have some domains that I relay/forward through a MailScanner box using
Sendmail's mailtertable feature. I know that MailScanner can archive
email therefore send a copy of this forwarded email somewhere else, as
I'm using this feature. However, is there anyway to redirect an email
address completely? In other words I have a particular domain pass
through MS and then get forwarded to Exchange 2003 as per the
mailtertable config. Is there someway in Sendmail or MailScanner that I
can redirect one email address (spam at domain.com) so that it gets sent to
a local address and never gets sent to the Exchange server? I've got a
perl script that parses an email and adds to the white list and black
list based on commands in the subject line and body. Right now I've got
it going to Exchange and then forwarding back to the MS server. It would
be much simpler if I can stop it right at the MS server.

Thanks,

Max