General questions regarding MS, SpamAssassin stuff

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Sat Mar 13 00:19:17 GMT 2004

> One final question regarding MS and SA. Does MS call SA just like it does
> with AV scanners? Or do I need to start SA (spamd for instance) first,
> and
> then let MS find it?

No MailScanner calls SA directly from it's perl module, much quicker and
more efficient.

> For instance, I installed SA through the FreeBSD ports tree and it
> installed a script that can be started manually or upon boot.
> If not, the way to enable SA in mailscanner is to change 'no' to 'yes' in
> the mailscanner.conf section where it asks if you want to use SA?

Don't use (Because you don't need to) the rc.d start up scripts
(Remember to either rename or change the permissions so they don't start
on reboot). All you need to do is as you describe, make that no to a yes
in the MailScanner.conf. It really is that tricky :-)

> Thanks everyone.

A pleasure

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous