How do I get rid of MSGID_FROM_MTA_SHORT?

Daniel Kleinsinger danielk at AVALONPUB.COM
Fri Mar 12 21:17:40 GMT 2004

Michael Freeman wrote:

> We are using MailScanner with Spamassasin turned on. A number of users
> are complaining that they are not getting their email when users post
> msgs via forms from their website. When we test the users site we find
> Spamassassin assinging a 3.31 score to MSGID_FROM_MTA_SHORT. Please
> advise how we can avoid MSGID_FROM_MTA_SHORT or reduce its score.

To disable or reduce the score of that test add a line to
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf

score MSGID_FROM_MTA_SHORT 0

or

score MSGID_FROM_MTA_SHORT 1.0

The first one disables the test (score=0), the second reduces the score
(score=1.0).  You can use any score you want.

Daniel