MailScanner logs not rotating

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Fri Mar 12 20:09:58 GMT 2004

Le ven 12/03/2004 à 14:56, Edward L. Hannaford a écrit :
> I want to send MailScanner's logs to their own, daily rotated log.  I set up
> my config files like this:
>
> syslog.conf:
> # Log anything (except mail) of level info or higher.
> # Don't log private authentication messages! ...
> *.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none;local0.none    /var/log/messages
> # Save MailScanner messages to their own log
> local0.*                                        /var/log/MailScanner/ms.log

Edward, I believe you should prefix your log paths with "-" to lessen
the burden of writing to your disks.

> logrotate.conf:
> # system-specific logs may be also be configured here.
> /var/log/MailScanner/ms.log {
>     daily
>     rotate 14
> }

I also believe you should reload MS with:
    postrotate
        /sbin/service MailScanner reload 2> /dev/null || true
    endscript

--
  _
 °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste