postfix/procmail

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Thu Mar 11 21:34:47 GMT 2004

If you were to use procmail you wouldnt use it on the incoming postfix.

To get get postfix working with MS - make sure you have a working
version of postfix installed, it recieves mail for your domain and
rejects attempts to relay, it delivers mail properly for your domain.
<<<This is a prerequisite, installing mailscanner when you dont have
postfix working is going to be tough.

Once Postfix is working properly, go to the installation doco page on
www.mailscanner.info and do the postfix installation instructions (you
could repeate them at this stage to troubleshoot your problem below, see
whats different).

Then install mailscanner.Have a look in
/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf , as long as you have Virus Scanning =
yes MailScanner is working, yes it canm stop messages/attachments
without having additional virus scanners installed.

Tri8ple check yopu have created the correct dirs and applied correct
permissions, as per the postfix install instructions above.